Since decades our microbiology department covers all aspects of hygiene & disinfection for the production of water-based products. The testing of products in order to prove microbicidal properties of disinfectants, cleaners and cosmetics has been a special focus until today. 25 highly motivated employees are able to provide high quality services in well equipped laboratories. Safety level 2 for BioStoffVO and GenTG is approved. Services can be provided under EN 17025 and/or GMP.
- Efficacy Testing of Disinfectants and Biocidal products
- Control of Microbial Quality and Preservative Efficacy Testing
In our laboratory we have established a broad range of methods according to national and international norms to test the efficacy against relevant bacteria, fungi and viruses.
This includes most of the CEN TC 216 (Chemical Disinfectants and Antiseptics) methods for the medical, veterinary, institutional, industrial and domestic areas, e.g.:
- Suspension tests (Phase 2/ Step 1)
- Surface test (Phase 2/ Step 2)
- Volunteer studies for hand disinfectants
- Laundry disinfection
In addition a variety of EN, VAH, DVV, and ISO standards are available as well.
Besides bacteria and fungi virucidal efficacy can be tested as well. Available Viruses comprise enveloped and non- enveloped viruses, e.g. Vaccina, Adeno, mNoro, Polio, ECBO, bov Corona, SV40, Influenza.
Material testing: Several methods are established for proving the efficacy of hygienic surfaces, e.g. ISO 846 or ISO 22196.
We offer several methods connected with the quality of water-based products incl. water analysis:
- Standard quality control by surface plating methods
- Absence of pathogenes on selective media
- Methods 2.6.12 and 2.6.13 according to Pharm Eur (GMP-certified)
- Water analysis: water as raw material for products and drinking water analysis according to TrinkwV (incl. Legionella)
- Identification of isolates by MALDI-Biotyping